11/14/11

Dear Baby: 38 Weeks Pregnant


Today’s post is a continued series of my final weeks of pregnancy. I began to chronicle at 36 weeks to record my thoughts, progress and happenings until we meet our second baby. Due Nov. 29. Anticipated sooner.

Dear Baby,

Our journey together has lasted longer than mine with your brother. He was born at 37 weeks, 6 lbs., 15 oz., 22 inches. I believe you will be bigger, as we’ve consistently measured ahead of schedule.

I hope daily that you’ll bless us soon and show the world your beautiful face. I pray you will be healthy and happy. While I’m still experiencing inconsistent contractions, the pressure and pain has eased. Your movements have slowed to casual rolls. And everything is difficult for me, from picking up your 29-pound brother to washing my hands.

Strangers are just as curious about your arrival. Letting me know that you have “dropped.” Asking when you are due. Quickly adding that it will probably be soon. Grocery shopping the other day, the attendant wooed as I swiftly bent to reach items under the cart. “You’ll have that baby today if you keep moving like that,” she smiled. As I pushed the cart away, she said she hopes you’re here by Thanksgiving. Common thoughts I hear daily.

Our nighttime wakings are consistent. 2 a.m., 5 a.m., then roused by Jack at 7:30 a.m., although you seem to still be sleeping until about 10 a.m. I hope this continues when you arrive. Jack’s definitely a morning person. You’re mother is not. Despite coffee.

My bag is finally packed. Clothes, toiletries and excitement. Your Dad still hasn't added his necessities into it, but as you'll discover, he's a procrastinator. I've even outlined Jack's daily routine for whoever may be caring for him, and as you'll discover of me, I'm obsessively organized. 

Everything is washed and in it's place. Even the monitor is mounted. All we need is you.

Hoping to hold you very soon.
Mom

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I'm anxiously awaiting her arrival. :) Can't wait to see pictures of her beautiful face and hear her name. Good luck momma!

Post a Comment

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...