9/5/12

Snapshot Series: All the Baby Moments I Would Have Missed

Today's post is a part of my Snapshot Series, an e-journal of my children. Like pages in a diary, I share the moments of laughter and smiles that keep my world turning. Captured like photographs. So when Jack leaves for college or Ella goes on her first date, I'll have these tiny memories to remember.  


Today was Ella’s nine-month check up. Nine months. And, in 11 days Jack will be three years old. Three years. So many smiles. Too many passing memories. Disaster moments. And laughs that make my world go ‘round. 

Within two months, Ella has learned to crawl. Stand. Climb the couch. Eat many solid foods. Drink from a cup. Speak syllables. Wave hi. “Soooo big.” Point for things. And, fight her brother hard.


I forgot how quickly the first year goes. Man, it’s lightening.  I remember grasping at Jack’s babyness, attempting to memorize every chubby line and unending babble. Those silly moments when he hula-danced for a singing monkey. Or yelled back when you told him not to touch the dog’s water dish. There’s so many places in-between that melted my heart. And I don’t remember. Makes me realize all the small spaces we’ve missed with Ella. So here’s a few things that would surely get misplaced in memory if I didn’t record them now:

1. Ella sucks in air like she has asthma. Large gasps. Just because. Usually followed by a huge grin.

2. She already prefers carbs over any other food. Breads. Cheerios. Pasta. Wait ‘til she tries chocolate.

3. She lifts her eyebrows while playing. In an arrogant kind of way.

4. She screams – seriously screams – at her brother. Hits, bites or head butts when needed.

5. She drives Jack’s mini-monster trucks. Literally rolls them around the floor, making a gurgling sound.

6. Favorite toy: Mini-tool bench. Not the tea pot and cups. Sigh.

7. She waves “hi” at a select few. Most get the stern stare down. Picture it: Lady walks up ooo-ing at the cute baby. Saying, “hello there!” in a high-pitched voice. Baby glares.

8. She cannot live without her Little Giraffe blanket. Jack can’t either, but Ella takes it to new extremes. Bites it. Mashes her face in it. Talks to it.

9. She belly-bounce dances at the ABC song.

10. She actually listens to “no.” Probably because she hears it often yelled at her brother. And, realizes it’s not worth the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...