2/21/12

The Coloring on the Wall

I remember pre-babies when I’d watch Super Nanny, gasping how my kids would never color on the walls. Well, that’s No. 512 on my list of “What I Won’t Do As a Parent,” which was written before I actually was a parent.

Fast-forward to my life with a two-year-old, who is crazed for coloring, and three-month old, who requires diaper changes and lots of naps. So I leave the room for five minutes to lie Ella down – maybe even just two – And Jack has scribbled circles under the bay window sill.

I gasp. But, before losing my calm, I remember the crayons are “washable.” One brilliant person finally realized crayons, markers and all their cousins should be washable. Unfortunately, there are still plenty of un-washables in the world, which my Mom discovered the tough way. Her widescreen TV is now fitted with one of Jack’s straight-line masterpieces. Right across the middle.

Lucky for her I enjoy researching. And solving such issues. Well it appears WD40 can remove crayon from TVs, computer screens and walls. Now I’d like to meet the parent that uncovered that trick.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...